Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hello, Cupcake!

I'm still in brain-storming mode for a couple of new palettes, but things still haven't slowed down enough for me to put it all together just yet. This week I have multiple doctor appointments. Today I found out I am allergic to one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of: Celery. Who is allergic to celery?! Well, me, apparently. I hope you enjoy my posts in the meantime, but there are more palettes to come!

Today I just had to share a fun find. I think cupcakes are one of the cutest foods ever. They're almost a comfort food, just because of that childhood nostalgia and sweetness. Keeping that in mind, when I saw some of these pictures on Real Simple's website, I went bananas.


Corn on the Cob Cupcakes -- these just blew me away!


Owl Cupcakes -- wouldn't these be cute for Halloween?!


Pool Ball Cupcakes -- instead of a groom's cake, or for a bachelor party treat?


Terrier Cupcakes -- the book also has "Pupcakes" (even chihuahuas!)


Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes -- I cannot even imagine how these taste because they look so much like the real thing, but they're made with chocolates and jam!


All of these creative cupcakes are featured in this book:

{click on the picture of the book or the link below to go check it out on Amazon.com}

Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson. I don't know if that's true and anyone can really make them, but I am willing to take that challenge.

The book also contains some really cute sunflower cupcakes that would be great to include if you're having a sunflower wedding or shower theme. One of my favorites is an assortment of cupcakes that look like an old-fashioned TV dinner! I have no idea what you'd use them for, but they crack me up. Maybe if your guy is a couch potato or has a real fondness for Hungry Man dinners? Who knows, but they're all so creative and cute!

*********

Oh, and happy 09/09/09 -- I wonder how many people are getting married today because of the date?

No comments:

Post a Comment